Tuesday, November 16, 2010

In Memoriam Harvey Nichols Jakarta

A mannequin in Givenchy dress, June 2010

Poster-covered window display, October 2010

Magician concept window display, April 2010


Harvey Nichols Jakarta is officially closed this month. It is a deep sadness for me and perhaps those who love fashion so much. From the fanfare that celebrate the opening of this first premium department store in South East Asia to the up to 90% clearance sale, Harvey Nichols Jakarta will remain a sweet memory for me. This dept. store has allowed me to meet, touch, and purchase some of international fashion brands that I love so much among others Alexander McQueen, Maison Martin Margiela, John Galliano, Givenchy, Alaia, Michael Kors, Manolo Blahnik, Emporio Armani Underwear, Lanvin, Diesel, Missoni, Mulberry, and many others.
Hope someday I can meet Harvey Nichols at any other cities like London, Hong Kong, or Dubai. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment